Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Just Plane Crazy

Over two years ago, shortly after I started this blog, and before anyone read it, I wrote that the way to avoid problems with commercial airliners is to put every plane on the Air Force One maintenance program. That plane's so well taken care of, why shouldn't we all benefit from whatever they're doing right?

Well, officials at the troubled Nepal Airlines have come up with an even better way to deal with maintenance issues: blood sacrifice. They recently slaughtered two goats in front of a malfunctioning plane, which has since reportedly been running smoothly. Wow! Who knew?

PS: Michael Vick should try for a job as a Nepal Airlines spokesman when he gets out of the joint.

PSS: Is it really a "sacrifice" when you're making another creature give up its life?

5 comments:

Jack K. said...

Vick as a spokesman, hell, he could be a great mechanic. I wonder if dogs have the same power as goats?

There appear to be many methods for keeping the skies friendly and full.

I better begin to take a closer look at the airlines I book with. Since our last 3 week road trip, Maryann insists that we will fly if takes more than a day to get there.

I have never worried/lost sleep over/got very concerned if no one stopped by and left a message. Now with google analytics I can keep track of the visitors. At least the number and their location. It is rather interesting to know that folks from all over the globe have visited/lurked. It is nice when some of them manage to leave a comment.

I guess I've rambled too much. You will appreciate Little Lamb's posting today.

Little Lamb said...

I, too, have my 2 year anniversary this month.

Pete Bogs said...

jack - I'm sticking with my Air Force One plan... others can do what they like... lol... I do crave an audience, so seeing comments at least lets me know a few people read this from time to time...

little lamb - congrats! I see you, too, are sometimes lost for words...

LeftLeaningLady said...

LOL

Where do you find this stuff?

Pete Bogs said...

LLL - much of it is in front of me in first thing in the morning, on Yahoo.com...