Monday, July 09, 2007

Much Ado About Monday

Some other bloggaz axed me for BabyBogs photo, so here it is. I'm not one for the online "tag" games; further, I jealously guard my control over my own content. But I am also one who values his friends, and will gladly do anything to make them happy. So, here I am...



Ladies, that's no diaper under that little outfit.
I have been "gifted" from an early age.

(This post is presented Fragmentia 13 style, with all the stories and tidbits not worthy of individual posts.)

Think Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind was fiction? Apparently some memory-erasing drugs are being developed. Get ready to start complaining, Scientologist Tom Cruise.

The US Army is sponsoring an ultraviolent video game tournament in an effort to lure new young recruits. Participants can win large cash prizes; the only stipulation is that they must agree to be contacted by an Army recruiter. The tournament features Gears of War, one of the most violent games currently on the market. Players fight an incessant battle with alien creatures, splattering their heads and bodies all over the screen. The coup de grace is executing a curb stomp on another character. Funny, the establishment, of which the military is a major part, has long railed against violent video games and movies (the line between the two media is blurring more each day). Now the man is happy to use them when it helps him. Next up: A free carton of Marlboro 100s when you visit the recruiter's table in your high school cafeteria.

Reagan-loving, Hollywood-hating consternatives take note: Hollywood did a lot more for Dutch than just make him a star. It helped save his ass by buying his worthless land when he was just starting his political career. Land deals... politicians... corporations buying influence... some things never change!

I'm not sure what the penalty for transsexuality (sic) is among Muslim extremists, but I imagine it's severe. But that didn't stop a Pakistani cleric from trying to escape a mosque siege dressed in a burqa. Be on the lookout for his headless body in the near future.

An 11-year-old girl has been arrested for drunk driving in Alabama. I have nothing more to add to this.

And finally, while I have previously stated that I feel a job interview has much in common with a first date, there is one major difference: On an interview you dress for success, and on a date you dress for some sex. (You have to say it aloud to get the full humorous effect.)

17 comments:

Aunty Belle said...

Youse so cute..an precocious ya' say?

Iffin' ya' hadn't given that girl a swig of yore Guinness she would be home wif her teddy bear an' not in jail.

Pete Bogs said...

aunt b - yeah, I look cute... but what is that weird stuff on the top of my head...

those of you who laughed at my China product conspiracy should read Newsweek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19650857/site/newsweek/

Infinitesimal said...

clearly not wearing a diaper as evidenced by the large towel under your tushie!!

and

I wonder, are they fighting green blooded aliens or illegal aliens in the video game?

Infinitesimal said...

hey, repost that Newsweek link boggsy, it is not complete as is!

Pete Bogs said...

infini - good point... aren't the green-blooded (it's actually red in the game) aliens just stand-ins for the kind that consternatives in this country wish they could blow to bits legally? I think you've stumbled onto the subtext of the game...

Even the legit media say China is trying to kill us

LeftLeaningLady said...

I thought Etertanl Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was STUPID, but sadly, I never thought it was fiction.

And maybe I should send my son to that tournament, he could use the cash and since he has been contacted by recruiters from every branch so far and has managed to elude their grasp, I think he would be fine.

she said...

i never laughed at the china conspiracy bogs.

that hair! you were a cute thing...interesting minimalist background they crafted for your photo op.

and as to your digs on the video..you'd think youd be pro-video so drones run by joysticks can do the work of flesh and blood soldiers in battle.

you think the military is a bunch of racists. risking life and limb for who? the military could not compare to the racist liberal jerks on live earth this weekend. it was so annoying i made the first steaming hot brown post in a long time.

yeah, the immigration thing is all about anti-hispanic. when are you guys going to understand that we dont care who it is just do it the right way! craft a sensible bill without a ton of pork. enforce the laws already on the books!

where is your sense of justice for all the people sittin their ass in deplorable conditions more dire than needing a job who cannot get here.

Pete Bogs said...

LLL - if he's going to be contacted, he may as well make some money off it, eh? lol

she - I was just entertaining a theory suggested by vanille... but it was intriguing...

who exactly were the racist liberal jerks? I didn't watch any of it...

she said...

sorry then, dig to vanille!!!
grrrehraha i shipped my project and im ready to SPAR!

*read the post, bogs. i splain it all.

Aunty Belle said...

Naw, naw, Bawgs, Aunty is right in there WIF' ya' on the China poisoning US ...an' killin' they own--they got whole viallges dyin' of kidney faire from dumpin' chems is rivers so that now, 20 years on, the land is so contaminated even "hoegrown" food is a killer--a Chernobyl cabbage, ya see?

I'M TELLIN' ya'll--git Wendell Berry 's ANOTHER TURN OF THE CRANK and spread local livin' meme.

Mara said...

What a cutie.


I thought I saw a nappy (auss), diaper (usa). Must take a closer look.

Mara said...

I dunno. The way it is positioned it looks like a nappy.

I believe you though.

I'll be in Chicago for a job interview in 2 weeks. I know I'll have the job, but it's up to your consulate here when I get back to Sydney. (red tape, red tape, red tape)

I'll take your comments on board and dress appropriately.

Pete Bogs said...

aunt b - looks like China read my post and is straightening up their act...

Man, they like the killing!

mara - I have a reputation to uphold, and it's that I'm really "gifted"

don't over-analyze the picture, ok? lol

PS: I'll vouch for you with any gov't agencies and/or employers...

Mara said...

Tar muchly for the vouch"ers".

However, I feel I am a "novelty" as well, being a Aussie and all.

I won't over analyse, don't worry.

she said...

man! and Zheng Xiaoyu was just about to feed the executuon board a puffer fish stew....oh well they can ship it here to be recycled as sushi

funny bogs i just got a big package of chinese rice crispy things made with sesame and puffed rice...theyre good and.........im still alive!

aunty that is a GREAT book! (another turn of the crank)

Pete Bogs said...

she - I love those crispy things! I actually eat Chinese food a couple times a month... people say it's not authentic Chinese, and I say, "THANK GOD FOR THAT!" that shit'll kill ya!

Bird said...

why bogs - you are adorable!

'course, those of us with discrimminating taste in the blogosphere already knew that. ;)

on my way to she's to read her steamin' hot brown - haven't seen one of those in a while.

flap/flap/flap
SWOOOSH!