Friday, July 20, 2007

Eight (Sort Of) Random (Sort Of) Things About Me

You axed for it...

Things I’m always forgetting to do:

Turn off the oven after using it… empty the dishwasher… empty the dryer… stop and smell the rosebushes… get in contact with old friends… start reading a new book... archive my computer files...

People I wouldn’t stop to help if their life depended on it:

Meter maids, repo men, university police, residents’ association board members, process servers (one once came to my door, and I ate his liver with some soybeans and a nice Guinness stout… f-f-f-f-f-f…), most of the Bush administration, my boss from 1996-1998, my high school administration, radical religious people...

Impressions I’ve been known to do:

Jame “Buffalo Bill” Gumb, Boz Scagg, Droopy Dog, Comic Book Guy, Roger Rabbit, Karl Haas, Towelie, Mr. Hanky, Dr. Strangelove, Bob Dylan, Fat Bastard…

"Foods" I won’t touch:

Egg salad or anything made from a boiled egg, grape jelly, dead things…

What I wanted to be when I grew up:

As a kid I wanted to work for an airline – not as a pilot, but on the ground crew… I could be around planes, which I thought were really neato, without being in the air all the time… oh, and I’d get to drive those cool flat trucks around…

I don’t see the attraction:

Coffee, olives of any color (yet I love olive oil), mushrooms, cell phones, Angelina Jolie, reality shows, sushi, golf, tattoos, motorcycles, light beer, body piercings, Mrs. Beckham…

Things that annoy me more than they probably should:

Bono’s (and Geddy Lee's, Jeff Lynne's, Ringo's) omnipresent tinted glasses… school uniforms… insufficient parking… late, unreliable, obnoxious, aggressive or otherwise inconsiderate people…

5, 10, 15, 20, 30:

(Not in sequence) Age at which I lost my virginity… number of intimate partners I’ve had… age at which I first traveled overseas… age I was when my parents divorced… number of cars I’ve owned…

15 comments:

Mara said...

wo.... it is 1.30am in the morning and I was woken up by a funny noise.

My 8 random thingo's are up.

I am positive this place is becoming more haunted every day.

Pete Bogs said...

I need to add "plastic surgery (including breast implants)" to "I don't understand the appeal of..."

LeftLeaningLady said...

Great, now I have to spend my weekend trying to match the ages with the rest. So much for catching up on my sleep!

Pete Bogs said...

LLL - that last one is a bit of a brain-teaser... readers are welcome to make guesses at the correct sequence...

she said...

let's see...you lost your virginity at 30?
grrherhaha jes kiddin bogshond

Pete Bogs said...

she - I know you're kidding... it was at age 5...

Infinitesimal said...

Jame Gumb AND Towlie?? quite a contrast.

Vic Beck P-Uke
but Jolie.... she is my type

ah, er.... if I was to be of a Boggsonion persuasion, and not a Vaniiile.

and then, of course, there is this:

5, 10, 15, 20, 30:

(Not in sequence) Age at which I lost my virginity… number of intimate partners I’ve had… age at which I first traveled overseas… age I was when my parents divorced… number of cars I’ve owned…

15, 30, 20, 10, 5?????????

OR

could it be.....

30, 20, 15, 10, 5???????

JK JK

fist guess is right, right?

Infinitesimal said...

20, 30, 10, 15, 5

20, 30, 5, 15, 10

Aunty Belle said...

Ha! Fun, Bawgs!

Ya'don’t see the attraction:

Coffee,
WHAT??? @#$%^&*() Dang chile'/How does ya live???

olives of any color (yet I love olive oil),
..........ditto.

mushrooms,
.........asi asi...
cell phones,
.............necessary convenience. No fun.


Angelina Jolie,
..yeah...uh, WHAT is it with her mouth?

reality shows,
..........ain;t real
sushi,
............gag...raw fish has worms.

golf,
...them lady golfers have ugly knees. (Doan think so? Jes' look at lady tennis players knees and
you 'll see what I mean)

tattoos,
.........not too good fer a needle phobic like me. Ever read the short Story Parker's BAck?

motorcycles,
............modeled a honda onc't, but never actually rode the thang.

light beer,
.............no light nuthin'--no light buitter, light coke, etc...real thang or nuthin'

body piercings,
........see above

Mrs. Beckham…
........who is dat?


BAwgs, ya's had 30 cars? Lordy, pumpkin, does ya git a new buggy every six months?

Pete Bogs said...

infini - all good guesses!

Jolie is a good actress, but has turned into a big-lipped stick... I prefer a little more feminine, anyway...

aunt b - I am an odd one indeed... no coffee (or caffeine) for me... it's hot enough here without drinking something hot... glad we agree on so many things in this list, though...

Victoria Beckham is that British soccer player's wife, David Beckham(?)

she's also one of the newly reunited Spice Girls...

Mara said...

I dont like false boobies either.

Mrs Beckham has a set of them AB on a pencil thin body.

I have her haircut though. Below the neck, that girl is a worry.

Aunty Belle said...

Really? Hmmn...well, there is a new med report out that says women with augmentations commit at suicide twice as often as the general public. mayhap they's already got a poor self-image and augmentation doan undo the psych problems.
* * *

Cosmetic breast augmentation and suicide.

Sarwer DB, Brown GK, Evans DL.

"University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, the Edwin and Fannie Gray Hall Center for Human Appearance, 10 Penn Tower, 3400 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19104. dsarwer@mail.med.upenn.edu.
OBJECTIVE: This article discusses the unexpected relationship between cosmetic breast implants and suicide that has been found in six epidemiological investigations completed in the last several years. METHOD: The epidemiological studies are reviewed. RESULTS: Across the six studies, the suicide rate of women who received cosmetic breast implants is approximately twice the expected rate based on estimates of the general population. "

Pete Bogs said...

mara - I think everything's fake on V. Beckham...

aunt b - I'd read about that awhile back... apparently they do not equal instant self-esteem... it's like these hair growth products that sap a man's libido, where hair loss was a perceived threat to his masculinity from the start...

Mara said...

hehehe ... Pete has a point about Mrs. Beckham. I believe her reality show (which I didnt watch here) was a flop.

I have read that most men abhore fake boobies.

Nothing like the real thing, in anything really.

Hey guys, Im off to Chicago via Taiwan and San Francisco.

Be well and take care until then.

Talk to ya soon.

Pete Bogs said...

mara - have a safe trip... stay home if you have TB!

;-)