Monday, May 21, 2007

Happy Days Are Hair Again! (aka Hair I Come)

If it's good enough for disease-ridden little vermin, it's good enough for me. Ahem.

More earth shattering than an AIDS vaccine... scientists have found a way to regrow hair on bald mice. Now mice no longer have the suffer the emasculating effects of being hairless, or comb their few tiny hairs over to the other side of their body to try and fool the other mice.

Could mankind be next?

I've long been at peace with and have embraced my baldness. But I have occasionally wondered, if a "cure" for baldness were to one day be found, would I go back?

I have far too much dignity for a hairpiece and too little money or interest for hair plugs. Further, hair regrowth products are expensive, using them requires discipline, and, often, if you quit using them you will lose what you rogained. Er, regained.

But the ability to regrow and keep actual hair? I don't know.

On the one hand, growing it back would give me more "look" options. I could still shave it off or let it grow out, as my interest dictated.

On the other hand, I'd have to start buying and using shampoo again. I have gotten used to much shorter showers (baldness is my contribution to preserving our natural resources). And there would be more to shave off, should I choose to do that.

Of course, it can take years for a scientific breakthrough to become a commercial product. So don't start lining up for treatment just yet, fellas. For now, we are all stuck with our "affliction." Oh, the pain, the pain.

10 comments:

she said...

im bringing my supershades to sheild my eyes from the glare of your head. cheer up i understand baldness is the mark of more testosterone so it could be that nature taketh one thing and er, giveth to another. *howl*

you ARE going to wear clothes sunday, right?

Pete Bogs said...

she - in a manner of speaking... actually, if we are sitting outside, I will need to take that into consideration...

Bird said...

bogs - don't forget - baldness is sexy.

Pete Bogs said...

bird - of course! as I said, I am at peace with it... but given the opportunity to have hair again - I just don't know...

so, you flying in to Orlando for the summit next Sunday?

she said...

come on bird i'll feed ya.

Aunty Belle said...

Bawgs, Sugar, I thought youse a fan of the Brazilian style...

Hey Bird Beauty!! Fly on down heah--I'll even spike the lemonade fer ya!

Pete Bogs said...

aunt b - not really... and I couldn't grow a thin patch of hair down the middle of my head if'n I wanted to!

Sanford B. Hines said...

Bush is a war criminal. A terrorist.

Bush is the worst person, if not the worst president in the history of the universe.

Impeach the fucker.

Jesus would impeach him because Bush is a goddam son of a bitch mother fucker lyer.

Bush lied, Troops died.
Bush lied, Troops Died.

Mayden's Voyage said...

Patrick Stewart is one of the most beautiful men in the world...
right next to Daniel Craig- who has hair, but it's really, really short.

LOL to Aunty and the Brazillian comment! I almost fell out of my chair! :)

Pete Bogs said...

mayden - maybe the Aunt B's "b" stands for "blue?"