Monday, February 19, 2007

Misc. Mon.

It seems our president had two moles removed from his temple late last week. Who knew he was Jewish? I would think a synagogue could take care of its own pest removal, but I guess Bush wanted to wield his executive power over those little vermin.

Come to think of it, they probably weren’t referring to that kind of mole. It’s quite obvious they meant spies.

Say, which is better for your heart: olive oil or snake oil? And which is more nutritious, rice cakes or urinal cakes? Regardless, only the latter can
talk, as of yet.

Speaking of men handling things (other than their units, and their liquor), I think the words “manhandling” and “manslaughter” ought to be changed to gender-neutral terms. The close associations between violence and men they evoke are degrading and offensive to men.

And finally: The horror, Your Honor. A man is
suing IBM for $5 million after the company fired him for visiting adult chat rooms on company time. (I am thinking the company knows computers, meaning they also know how to monitor and track what their employees are doing on them.) The man claims his Internet addiction is a result of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) he developed after serving in Vietnam.

This is about as convoluted of a legal case as they come, folks.


Speaking of convoluted, if you can make any sense out of today’s post, please explain it to me. This is the best that can be expected of me on a Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Have you ever explored any Terrestrial caves before.

Pete Bogs said...

Anon – a spelunker came to my door once… I ate his liver with some soybeans and nice Guinness Stout… f-f-f-f-f-f…

Jack K. said...

think you are finally on the right track.

I have gleaned that there is life on Mars, based upon this erudite exposition.

Thanks for the invitation to interpret. te hee

Aunty Belle said...

Convoluted? ...yep, Sugar......can we go back to the Day they love to Hate?

Or maybe ya' could give us an update on yore finches?

Bird said...

i am lost bogs, lost.

moles?
spies?
manhandling?

hmmm..i'll take a little of the manhandling - but can i have that with a little wine and chocolate please? ooops- VD is over. sop just the wine and the man handles. hahahaha!

what was this post about?

who am i?

flap/flap/BONK
right into the computer screen'

i'll sue you for that bogs!

Pete Bogs said...

jack - you are correct, sir!

aunt b - I am still hoping my finches seek me out at my new location...

bird - it was a stream of consciousness thing, I am afraid...