Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Rant

There is one word to describe the rambling diatribe below, and it is “hateful.” This is a collection of my thoughts from 9/11/01 and the days and weeks following; I've kept most of them inside for five years. No more. It isn’t pretty, but I don’t apologize for anything I've written. It's also a bit looser in structure than my typical post - alternating between second person and third, generally ignoring many rules of grammar, etc. You must indulge me.

you came and
lived among us for many, many months… you interacted with us, lived, studied and ate next to us… in all that time you never strayed from your programming… no humanity pushed its way through your skin… no smiling face of a child, nor someone holding a door open for you or any other kind act deterred you from your mission, nor made you realize those around you were as decent a people as any you’ve ever met… and they did not deserve to die for any misguided so-called "cause" of yours... some say you did this to draw attention to US policies in the Middle East… you got our attention, motherfuckers, and it’s not the kind you want… yesterday I didn’t even know you, now I want vengeance… you commandeered planes that people were flying home in to see loved ones... you crashed them into buildings where people made a living every day, and where tourists flocked for the incredible views... what principled souls it takes to purposely target innocent lives! though I imagine there is no translation for that word in your language… I do not go through life thinking about what’s going on in the occupied territories, nor do I feel in any way responsible for their troubled state… I live my life the best I can and hope everyone else will do the same, so we can have a better world... we never will as long as sick fucks like you exist... your quarrel is not with me, nor most of the people on those planes or in those buildings… this is about people, not policies... if you would clear your heads of sand for just a minute you’d see that your current way of existence is sheer, unsustainable madness… join us in the civilized world, won’t you? as people dropped from the sky, alive, your women ululated… as the towers burned and fell, your children laughed… are you all really that angry? are you all really that far gone? Mohammed Atta, what a fine human specimen you are… someone should post a picture of your wife’s bush on the Internet just for laughs… fuck your “modest” ways…I know where to kick you where it hurts... your people talk about dignity and modesty, as if those things make you a decent person… as if those excuse any sick acts you may decide to carry out on other human beings... you wouldn’t know decency if it fell on you from out of the sky, which would be truly fitting… decent people don’t kill unless they have no other choice… well, we know what you are... and what is to be done with the
hijackers' remains? I’m thinking they should rot in the sun and be picked over by rats and seagulls at some New Jersey landfill sorry, no fast burial for you VIPs, whatever your beliefs… you are carrion, you most wayward of sons... and what is to happen to the prisoners from our attack on the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and the rest of their brethren in Afghanistan? the Great Pyramids of Egypt were built by slaves, so I say to our special guests, get your asses to work on WTC Mark II, motherfuckers… this is your mess, now clean it up and rebuild it... save that big antenna from the top of the tower for when the reconstruction is complete… it’ll make a great skewer… stack those terrorists and their supporters on it face to face, and end to end… and don’t leave any space between, because there are a lot of them… lunatics and zealots roasted over an open jet fuel fire… let’s just call this dish shit-kebab... I am hungry for blood... but perhaps I am being rash about the WTC rebuilding... I don't know if I want any of them setting foot on that property... no reason to despoil hallowed ground with their presence... I've been there four times... not to Ground Zero... I'm not ready for that... the Twin Towers... looked down at NYC from the 107th floor... once I even got to go on the roof once... there's nothing like it... and it's gone... I have tried to imagine being on that roof or gazing out the window when a fucking airplane hits the building, incinerating me and my family and friends... or maybe not right away... maybe slowly dying from heat or smoke... or maybe taking a 100+ story ride to the ground as the floor under me gives way... I don't imagine myself being one of the jumpers, but none of those people probably did either before that fine, sunny morning... I wonder what the church’s stance is on the souls of those unfortunate people? I'd like a straight answer… they raised me to believe that suicide was a sin; that your life is not your own to take... unforgiven sinners go to hell... but ending a life even to end suffering is supposedly unacceptable... so, where are those jumpers now, in hell? not by my beliefs... if it does exist, it’s where they were before they jumped... and it's certainly where those hijackers are right now... sorry, no virgins for you... just reviled and rotting forever... you and all those like you deserve no better... may we never forget the victims, nor those who made them victims... may our love for the former be matched only in intensity by our hate for the latter...

14 comments:

Paddys_Gal said...

thank you for that.

Jack K. said...

Bogs, THANK YOU!!!

Those feelings went through a lot of minds at that time and since.

Where we are different from minds that devise and execute such heinous acts, is that we can say those things and then realize to act them out reduces us to the level of them. Frankly, we don't need to go there.

I hope this posting has been as cathartic for you as it will be for some of the rest of us.

May peace and love be with you.

Serve well, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart.

liberalbanana said...

That was great, Bogs. I, too, wonder how people can have such awful hatred in their hearts as to kill others. Why can they not change things with words, with peaceful actions? It's just not right, the way they are trying to make themselves "heard."

Daydreamer of Oz said...

My thoughts exactly, Bogs.

They will never use words to solve their problems because they believe in the words of a so-called religious text that excuses their treatment of women, children and society in general.

Aunty Belle said...

Whoa!! MErcy, chile--right on, but mah goodness, I'se glad YOU said all that cause iffin' Aunty Belle said that--lawdy! Folks'd be flinging around words like "bigot" and "hatemonger." (Ardlair, is ya' lurkin' out theah?) So good fer you darlin'--ya said what most think and feel.

As fer the souls of those who jumped--no no, darlin' they's not consigned to hell. 'Course not. They
were not thinking to commit suicide, but only to escape a certain death. Besides, even suicides may mentally be sorry before death takes them--Never forget, sugar pie, God is a Father--he wants His young'uns home wif' him and is very merciful to the contrite of heart. God's mercy is bigger than yore slip-ups.

Pete Bogs said...

thanks, all... I was not going to keep these thoughts to myself any longer... and I don't think criticizing people who are clearly wrong can be called bigotry... actually, I would call what THEY did one of the biggest, most shameful acts of intolerance ever...

Jack K. said...

Bigots to like to kill the target of their hatred. Too bad they don't look in the mirror, because that is the image of whom they really hate.

Just a thought.

Daydreamer of Oz said...

Good point, Jack. Perhaps the one thing you can't blame them for.

Anonymous said...

/bark bark bark

smokin hot bogs. i like your stream of consciousness writing...and so glad not to read an apologist rant on america this day. nice job.

/grrrrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

/bark bark bark

forgot: sandman on a stick anyone?

/howl

Pete Bogs said...

jack - looking in the mirror is probably forbidden...

day - good one!

"anon" - no apologies at all!

Reverend X said...

Bogs,
I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment... but not with your target. 11 of the alleged hijackers are certainly not in heaven with virgins, as you pointed out. That's cuz they are still alive. Go to FBI.gov and look up Ossama Bin Laden. They have all the crimes of which he has been connected to. They don't have 9-11 on his sheet. Why? No connection, that's why. They have a tape of what the administration said was him confessing. They know it's a fare. Who faked it? Why did no media outlet mention this fact? Who has the Power to do that?

Focus your anger at the guilty, not the scapegoats.

Pete Bogs said...

rev - I'm aware that most of the alleged hijackers are said to be alive... someone really ought to interview them on TV to straighten that all out... the fact is, whoever they were, someone commandeered those planes and crashed them, and I hate those motherfuckers with all my heart... not just the planners, the executioners, too...

ps - good to see you again...

Zya said...

totally agree, sigh, really well written too even though you had that warning up top.

I felt the sentiment and agree... thanks for writing and sharing.