Friday, August 04, 2006

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

Happy anniversary to BogsBlog! One year ago today was my very first post. Four of them, actually, still available in the archives.

I really got going later in 2005, as scandals, nominations and all sorts of other stuff came round. 2006 would be very good to me indeed, as I gained some regular readers - some who dig me, and others who want to dig a hole in which to bury me.

So, here I am providing clarity amid the world's copious muck five or six times a week. And I would not have been able to accomplish it without you guys out there.


Had I not had people reading and commenting here, after a while I would have stopped altogether. (Meaning, you may have already lost your chance at shuttin' me up!) No use in speaking to an empty house.

So, thank you! And in the misquoted
words of the still-mortal Sally Field, "You like me! You
really like me!!!"

And now, please to enjoy some Fragmentia 13...


THINGS TO PONDER
Why do some American military officials stateside conduct press briefings
wearing desert camo? Do they think a desert war is suddenly going to break out in a major metropolitan area?

TIPPED OFF
The failed minimum wage bill would have
exempted employers from paying minimum wage to workers who also earn tips. Customers’ generosity shouldn’t excuse any employer from paying their workers fairly. Greedy bastidz!

SOME (JUICY) PIG
Lucky for
Wilbur they didn’t yet have ultrasound technology when he won the state fair, otherwise he might have been turned into bacon back at the farmhouse regardless of his prizewinning status.

NO “69?” CALL 911!
A middle-aged German woman whose husband refused to satisfy her carnal appetites
called the police on him. Can you say “peaking?”

MAD MEL
Enjoy some
cartoons related to the drink-driving (non-US English variant of the expression) arrest of Mad Mel Gibson.

12 comments:

K9 said...

/bark bark bark

congratulations and job well done! ive been a loyal reader ever since you called me "shit-dog" which made me smile a big ass rottie grin. thanks bogs for the daily clarity and muck. may you have many more.

/grrrrrrrrrrrr

Pete Bogs said...

k9 - I guess you could say I had you at "shit-dog?" thanks... you make this interesting...

liberalbanana said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary! It's a great time to reflect, no? Thanks for being out there to talk about the things I'm just too damn lazy to. ;)

liberalbanana said...

Or rather: TIRED to. Sick and tired. I can't even read the fucking news anymore I'm so sick of the world. But that's another post. I am literally tired as well, so...time to go lay down. Have a great weekend, Bogs!

Jack K. said...

Bogs, happy blogoversary! You got me to thinking, when did I begin? For what it is worth my first posting was June 16, 2005.

Thanks for including me in you blogosphere.

Jack K. said...

re: your posting about military uniforms, it reminded me of this posting.

You might find it of interest.

Pete Bogs said...

banana - thanks... I can only deal with news-related blogs for a couple days before I have to go off and do a post about oversized receipts or something... the news wears on me - it's mostly bad!

jack - thanks for the good wishes and the links... glad to have you aboard...

Hellpig said...

Bogs I send this Via Alaska Via Seattle through my cousin who is minding my house while im slaving for the next 3 months....

Happy anny ahhh what do you get a Lib on his first Anny? Paper? I think so....Give me ur addy and I will send you a copy of Godless "The Church of Liberalism" by Ann Coulter I think you will enjoy this..maybe even enlighten you from your evil Liberal ways..

ROFLMAO
The Pig

LaPopessa said...

Happy anniversary. I would like to hope against hope that the coming years will leave the bush-admin watch bloggers with less and less to write about.

Or at least less to write about in dismay and disgust.

Here's hoping.

Bird said...

had a free moment (yup - i'm still off on my travels) and thought i'd do a quick swoop through blogoland

- congrats on your blogoversary! you know you're usually one of the my first reads of the day!

Pete Bogs said...

hell - yes, it's paper... usually in the form of legal tender...

lapo - amen to that! thanks...

bird - thanks for flying... did you see my post from earlier this week? I flew, too! enjoy your holiday...

K9 said...

/bark bark bark

dont turn off your anon! you get some good ones and it gives you a chance to exercise.

/grrrrrr