Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hey! A new post...

Umm…Hi. You may know me by my infrequent posts here as presidentbobo. Today I am going to be your substitute blogger because Mr. Bogs isn’t feeling well.

I’ve been warned about you folks so no tricks.

To start let me tell you a little about Bogs’ condition. Bogs is undergoing treatment (see rendition, Guantanamo, secret prisons, et al) His medical team (see Rumsfeld, Penatgon, CIA) headed by Dr. Cheney (see Shotgun Dick) has conducted extensive consultations and analysis (see W’s gut feelings). They have decided upon a surgical strike against the evil Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (see 9-11, Hezbollah, Taliban, Iraq, non-Christians). Rather than a measured response (see research, reason and pragmatism) his team has decided that the best option is to remove the offending forearms associated with the ailment. Bogs’ hands will be reattached at the elbows. Fortunately Bogs doesn’t own very many long-sleeved shirts so this procedure will have little impact on his daily life. Once he learns to type again I am sure Bogs will be back posting away about the evils of narrow-mindedness, etc. Attorney General Gonzalez assures me that this radical procedure is both necessary and legal. And after all he is the Attorney General. Who am I to questions authority? I can’t remember our government ever leading us wrong before…

So, where do I get the wherewithal to start blogging for Bogs? As it happens, I have naturally short arms. I can relate to Bogs's situation and may even be able to provide some insight while he is on his road to recovery. Plus, my naturally short arms have instilled in me a healthy sense of disdain for authority and an equally strong sense of misanthropy. I should fit right in…

By the way, between water-boarding and binding sessions Bogs asked me to thank you for all your kind sentiments and well-wishing. He hopes to post some responses as soon as the stitches around his elbows and wrists are strong enough.

9 comments:

rusty shakelford said...

What exactly is a "measured response" to the events of 9/11, etc? Please DON'T tell me what is not a measured response.

rusty shakelford said...

Just a side note. I find it interesting that Bogs and Castro are undergoing medical treatment at the same time. Come to think of it I have never seen them together. Perhaps they are one in the same.

Anonymous said...

Please keep your liquids away from my human organism!

Mr Q said...

Bogs, get well soon. If you are going abroad, don't forget to vomit,pee and sweat before you get on the plane. Hmm a smell a post coming....

presidentbobo said...

rusty,

Bogs = Castro? Hmmmm, an interesting idea. The organization has a need for people like you. One of my associates will contact you. ;)

anon,

Wha? Perhaps you've mistaken me for Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper?

Jack K. said...

Presidentbobo, glad to know that there is someone there who can keep up the important postings.

BTW, bog's procedure give new meaning to sort-arm inspection. lol

Get well soon, bogs.

Pete Bogs said...

rusty - I have a suggestion about a measured response... we could attack the country that attacked us, and verify it before dropping any bombs... Afghanistan can be wiped off the map as far as I am concerned... Saudi "19 hijackers" Arabia can be, too... Iraq was merely a nuisance before 9/11...

viva Bogs!

anon - there will be no exchange of liquids here...

mr q - would I be allowed on a plane with "water on the knee?"

prez - thanks!

jack - many thanks!

Aunty Belle said...

How's it comin' Sugar?
Does yer medical protocol permit
Guinness?

Pete Bogs said...

aunt b - actually, it requires it! I am feeling a lot better, thank you!