Friday, June 23, 2006

Abortion Law Temporarily Aborted

South Dakota's "no abortions, no exceptions" law (aka the "Uncle Fucka Law") will get another chance to be aborted by the citizenry of that state.

The law, passed by the South Dakota Legislature, was set to go into effect on July 1, but challengers have gathered sufficient signatures to put the issue before voters on the state's November ballot.

Gee, now there's a democratic idea - let the people decide!

Had the ban gone into effect as scheduled, the instances of inbred preemie babies born to jailbait girls would have been way higher than normal for South Dakota. Way.

Voters male and female will make the decision for all of the state's women in November. Let's hope the, um, bastards make the right decision.

Above, a confused protester uses a free speech
demonstration tactic at a pro-life rally
.

13 comments:

Hellpig said...

where is this? Are they even part of America? people actually live there? you're shitting me!

Aunty Belle said...

BAwgs,,,, tell me this puddin' Why doan men ostracize other males that mess wif little girls? Why doan you menfolk make it crystal clear ter them sleazy guys that such acts is gonna bring the wrath of real men?

Pete Bogs said...

men do that - you're just not listening to the right ones...

CROAK said...

Even us 'pro-choice' are 'pro-life'. I hate the way they have usurped that sloagan for a fake cause. Women have a 'right to life' as well. It just should be their choice not one of a group of right wing loonies!!

Keep us posted Bogs.

Pete Bogs said...

croak - I agree... it's odd, but the "pro-life" contingent in the US seems to be largely pro-war, too... how can this be???

Jack K. said...

I was listening to NPR on my trip from El Paso to Phoenix and heard an interesting discussion between Linda Wertheimer and Randall Balmer about Balmer's book Thy Kingdom Come. He really takes modern evangelicals to task for "abandoning the spirit of the evangelical movement.

I think he helps you with your comment to croak.

Bird said...

i am weary of this argument and the assualts on my rights and my sisters' rights to determine if and when we will bear children.

the link jack provides is interesting - the book looks worth reading - a nice piece of info to use - this abortion myth and the evangelical (to me, read: fundamentalist) christians of the late 20th century and the 00s.

Aunty Belle said...

Well Bawgs, which men is ya listening to? I'd shur like ter hear 'em....wanna hear a fella tell those low-life sorts that iffin' they touch a hair on the haid of a little girl, that real menfolks will rearrange they anatomy. Whar van I tune in ter hear this?

Pete Bogs said...

Aunt B - every time I hear talk about a girl being molested I hear some guy saying what he'd like to do to the perv... we run in different circles, I guess...

btw, you are going to be very disappointed when I declare this an English-only blog...

Aunty Belle said...

English only, huh?

Is that anti-belle or anti-hispanic, chile?

Pete Bogs said...

it's anti-antebellum... don't mind me, Aunt B - I'm just putting on big city airs on account of my booklearnin'... I was born in GA, you know...

Anonymous said...

Thought a lot of you blog. Here's a great place you might like Make Money Online.

Pete Bogs said...

anon - didn't think a lot of "you" ad, beyotch...