Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mother To All

Dedicated to my mother, and to all mothers.

Taking care of others has always been your purpose in life.

How appropriate that when it came time to choose a profession you chose to become a nurse, and remained one for the rest of your working life.

You've always been ready to care for whomever need it.


Back when our diabetic neighbor, Mr. Murphy, was found unconscious, you ran down the block to revive him.


When one of your children's friends didn't want to leave because his home life was in turmoil, you gladly let him stay overnight.


You ran errands for Mrs. Anderson, the elderly shut-in, and made sure she had a decent dinner at Christmas.


Even now, when much of your independence has been stolen from you, you continue to see after others older or more frail than yourself, helping them eat and making sure they don't fall and hurt themselves.


Of course, no one has benefited more than I from your unconditional caring.


You have been a mother to everyone you've met; how fortunate we are to have you.


13 comments:

Hellpig said...

Happy moms day to all moms

Pete Bogs said...

a shout-out to all muthaz out there!

Aunty Belle said...

Bawgs!! This is the best ever!! Love her meself now that ya shared her wif us all.

K9 said...

/bark bark bark

nice goin' bogs.
/grrrrrrrrr

Bird said...

hey bogs - you're a good son! and very nice to meet your mom!

Online Degree Adviser said...

Greetings, I was reading some blogs and came across your blog. I'm quite impressed , with how it has a good feel. This is one to watch.

Regards,

how to birding

Pete Bogs said...

thanks, all...

except ODA - your comment is just generic enough to be used on any blog at any time... don't be disrespecting my mother with an ad!

infinitesimal said...

Very poetic.

I am trying to figure out how to show my own Mom my blog as she does not do the online/email thing.... HAS a computer, does not have internet.
doesn't want it.
But, wouldn't it be nice if they could see how we wrote them?

I think so.
I think yours would be proud!

Blue said...

Mum's rock (says she patting herself on the back).

I got this note from my daughter (9)taped to my door after she had gone to bed:

Happy mothers day. I know this isn't the best thing I could give you right now but its the thought that counts. i'm sorry this wasn't the best mothers day* (errrr) but that's not the only one! Anyway I love you mum. xxxooo

*small girl unfortunately witnessed her father having a go at me :-(

I hope all the mums out there had a great day esp your mum bogs & also the Countess - cause it sounds like you have the greatest mothers & they have done a good job.

Pete Bogs said...

infini - as a matter of fact, I printed up a version of this and presented it to her yesterday...

BB - thanks so much!

Pete Bogs said...

BB - by the way, I know two meanings of the phrase "having a go" at someone... one's pleasant but potentially embarrassing... the other is most unpleasant... the latter is the kind that would make me get on a plane and fly to the other side of the world to "put straight" the offending gentleman... fyi... hope all future Mother's Days are better for you!

Jack K. said...

Bogs, you have struck oil again. What a most wonderful tribute to a woman who has shown you how to be a caring human being. Great photo.

Your comment to infini about the use of the printer was one that I might have suggested.

Your comment to BB needs only one minor correction. If anyone has a go at his spouse/significant other in the second most nasty, violent sense he is definitely not a gentleman. Perhaps we need to notify fatty to get her local gendarmes to have a go at him. Just a thought.

Keep on truckin' and callin' the way you see 'em.

Pete Bogs said...

jack - right! "gentleman" was very much sarcastic in my usage...