Monday, August 29, 2005

Make Mine A Hefty, Please

United States-led abstinence programs in Uganda and other African nations are causing severe condom shortages, leading to unnecessarily high numbers of HIV cases. Some men have even turned to using garbage bags as prophylactics. See the whole story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9118071/

See also my previous post on this topic:

http://blogdebogs.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-going-to-buy-pallet-of-condoms-at.html

The fight against the AIDS scourge worldwide is not going well and, sadly, the United States is the one compromising victory. We want to stop the disease, but only on our ideological terms.

It's regrettable that while some are attempting to further their own moral agendas, they're directly contributing to the deaths of countless people. The United States needs to show a real commitment to HIV/AIDS prevention, one driven by reason and compassion and not hindered by ideology.

5 comments:

presidentbobo said...

The thick lawn bags are the safest but I'v heard that the tall kitchen bags allow for more sensitivity. The bags with pull strings are also great because you can just slip your legs into the handle straps...

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. I enjoyed the information. Many marketers are solving the email blocking and filtering by discovering voice broadcasting. 100 percent of the messages get through! See gold calling at gold calling

Joe Berenguer said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about job portal.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
job portal
I wish you all the best!

Joe Berenguer said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a job portal
site. It pretty much covers job portal related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Guitar Master said...

I wish I could blog as good as you, but what I can do is give you a nice Guitar Lesson!